pink cloud studio is the brand and company of Martine Goevaerts,
founded in 2018 in Belgium.
Hand drawn illustrations, sustainable, eco-friendly prints,
inspired by nature, nostalgia and the simplicity of everyday life.
All products are printed in Europe and hand packed in my home studio
in Antwerp (Belgium).
I do my utmost best to produce as clean as possible, and try to be as sustainable as possible by reusing as much as possible.
To produce my products I work together with a small printing company that pursues the same values as me. All my produts are printed with water based inks and on FSC certified paper that is chlorine-free bleached and contains no optical brighteners.
The sleeves that I use for packaging the greeting cards and art prints are bio-degradable and compostable. They are made from vegetable starch, which means that they break down to CO2 and water which then can be reused in the eco system to make new plants.
I also reuse all shipping or other boxes and filling materials that I receive myselve from my suppliers.
What to do with the product sleeves?
Compostable bags disposal:
1) Compost Heap: This is what they are designed for so this is the best option.
2) Food Waste Bin: This would also be suitable.
3) General Waste Bin: Although possible not viewed as the perfect option.
4) Recycled Paper and Card Bin: They should not go within paper for recycling.
5) Recycled Plastic Bag Collections: They should not go in this bin either.
Biodegradable and compostable film is made from renewable plant materials, not petrochemicals.